Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Crybaby Bride

So, I have a confession: I’m a wedding crier.


I wasn’t always. When I was younger, I just didn't get crying at weddings. It’s a happy time, right? Who cries about happiness?

Surprise; this girl.

Somewhere along the line I started getting more invested in the meaning behind things, and really happy things started getting me all misty. And when I think about the meaning behind people saying their wedding vows, I get a little choked up. (Especially when the guy says his. I feel like wanting to get married is a much more natural desire for women -- which is probably sexist of me to say…oh well -- but for men it’s something you have to grow into. I think it’s very sweet.)

So why are my theories about wedding vows and tears relevant? Well, it turns out I am not what you would call a “pretty crier.” My eyes get red, my face is blotchy, and my nose runs. And I don’t know if you know this, but people take a lot of pictures of you on your wedding day. (Heck, you hire them to take a lot pictures of you.)

And since just thinking about my wedding day has the tendency to form a lump in my throat, I’m a little worried about turning into a total mess on the actual day.

Anyone have any advice for holding back the tears? Or at least crying prettily?

Photo: cp_odd

No comments:

Post a Comment