Monday, August 16, 2010

All in the Family

I don’t know how I forgot to mention this before now, but my little sister recently got engaged! (Well, “little” is used for ceremonial purposes only – she’s only two years younger, and she’s about three inches taller. What can ya do?)

So my lucky parents now get to plan for TWO weddings next year. (Don’t worry; mine is in April and hers is in October, so they at least get a little time to recover.) I think it’s super exciting. For one, I love weddings. (Shocker, right?) For another, my sister and I are about as different as two people with the same genetic coding can get, which means our weddings will also be totally different.

Of course, I can’t help but start planning her wedding in my mind (just suggestions, I promise not to be a sisterzilla…or whatever the “zilla” equivalent would be). I may have sent her three inspiration boards this morning. (Total disclosure: I did. Including these two:


They're a little haphazard, but I kept thinking of ideas! I just can’t help myself....)

I love that I now have an outlet for the awesome, funky wedding ideas I think are awesome, but that don’t fit my own aesthetic.

What about you? Are there wedding ideas you love but don’t think you could pull off? Anyone else have more than one family wedding to worry about in the next year or two?

No comments:

Post a Comment