Friday, January 21, 2011

Wait a minute, Mr. Postman


Oh boy. We got our invitations. And they are bee-u-tee-ful. Seriously. Katelyn did the most amazing job.

Here’s the cliff notes to how she ended up creating our wedding invitations for us: Katelyn is one of those super fashionable/artistic/creative people who also happens to love weddings (she’s actually getting hitched about two months after us!). One day at her office job, she realized she was unhappy and wanted to find a way to channel her passions and talents into employment she would actually enjoy. So she bought fancy papers and a letterpress machine, downloaded a (ok, kind of sketchy) version of Photoshop, and her design side job was born.

When I first got engaged, she casually mentioned that if I wanted any help I should let her know. I am SO glad I did.

Not only are her creations entirely custom designs (and you know how fancy that makes me feel), she also gives you a few options. I sent her links to a few invitations I loved, along with my desired color palette, and she put together three options. The fiancé and I mixed and matched our favorite parts of each, added in some gold paper (*thrill*), and Katelyn made it all happen.

Plus, her prices are amazing. She actually ended up giving me mine as a gift (an extremely generous gesture!), but even if I’d paid for them, you’re not going to get this quality for less anywhere.

She doesn’t have a website (though I’m gently encouraging her to create one…), but let me know if you’re looking for invites or stationery and I can hook you up! Just leave a comment below with your email address.

I’m hoping to start putting them together this weekend so we can send them out on February 5th. I don't want to spoil the surprise, so you'll have to wait to see them until then. I know, I'm a tease.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I commented on this a few days ago, but it doesn't seem to have gone through-- sorry if this is a duplicate though! I'd loooove her info! serenabarresi@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete