Monday, January 24, 2011

Get It On Video

Well, the Fiance was out of town on a guy’s snowboarding weekend, but I still managed to get a lot of wedding planning accomplished.

I don’t know if it’s just that our wedding is under three months away (eek!) or the fact that we’ve been finalizing a lot of major details, but I am getting SO EXCITED. Seriously. Booking vendors used to put me in a tailspin of panic about budgets and wondering if we made the right decision, but now I just get giddy when another detail is finalized. (Or maybe I’m just getting used to shelling out cash?)

Whatever it is, I am super over-the-moon about our latest two vendors.

First, we booked a videographer! This decision was actually somewhat of a surprise to me. I hadn’t planned on hiring one when we first got engaged. It was one of those things that I thought would be nice, but I also thought I could live without. Well, I guess you can blame working at The Knot, but my opinions started to change. Because seriously, a videographer can capture things at your wedding like nothing else. Your grandparents dancing. The best man’s speech. You and your new spouse saying your vows. I mean, you don’t get those things back.

Plus, one of my bridesmaids had a few people over recently, and for whatever reason we decided to watch her and her husband’s wedding video, and it was so. much. fun. I realized that if I didn’t get a video, I would regret it. Maybe not right away. But someday, I would.

Thus began the quest to find an awesome videographer who would also work in my budget. Naturally, I turned to my local board on The Knot’s Community page.

I always feel a little funny posting on the boards. I mean, part of my job is maintaining the Community page. It’s like the teacher wanting to hang out at recess. But the girls on both my local and wedding month boards have always been super welcoming, and it’s fun to see where everyone is in their planning process.

So anyway, there was a post on the local board from another bride looking for affordable videographers in Long Island, and two people suggested AJ Ingoglia. When I checked out his Vimeo page, my first thought was, “Ok, this guy can probably bench press me.” (I’m still pretty sure that’s true.) Then I clicked on some of his videos. Um…it’s pretty much exactly the style I like. Jackpot. Next, I scoured the internet for more reviews, just to make sure he was as wonderful as he seemed.

 {source}

At first, I thought it was kind of funny how many people emphasized how nice this guy is. I mean, how nice can someone really be?

Then I emailed him.

And, you guys. He is SO nice. And his videos are so good. (This is one of my favorites.) And considering how awesome his work is (and I see a lot of wedding videos), his prices are pretty incredible.

I mailed in my contract this morning. (And included a save-the-date to give him an idea of how much fun we plan to have at our wedding!)

I also ordered wedding flowers this weekend, but this post has already run a little long, so you’ll have to wait until tomorrow to hear about that. (Spoiler: It's nothing like what I've posted so far. Dontcha love a good intrigue?)

Two months, two weeks, and three days to go!

1 comment:

  1. SO COOL!!! i love that video!!! i had no idea that that is what wedding videos have come to these days...the only one ive ever watched was my parents' video when i was little (i had some weird obsession). side note: i know you're not going to chomp gum your entire wedding day/night like her...(sigh)

    ReplyDelete