Thursday, January 13, 2011

Put a ring on it: Male edition

Guess who has been a very naughty Knottie blogger? (See what I did there?)

I have a few excuses for the lack of posting:

1. I was SO sick last week. As in, really-only-worked-one-full-day-due-to-leaving-early-staying-home-and-doctor’s-appointments sick.
2. I’ve been busy playing catch-up with everything I missed whilst sick.
3. Nothing especially interesting has happened wedding planning-wise.

Well, that last one isn’t entirely true. Our wedding bands are in! We’re going to pick them up this weekend after payday. (Ah, young impoverished love. Just kidding, but weddings are expensive, yo.)


{photo: The Source}

We are both crazy excited for the wedding bands. The Fiance wants to wear his right away. I told him it was fine with me, which actually sparked quite a discussion in my office about the topic of “man-gagement” rings. (It’s sort of an awkward term…it just looks like you're misspelling “management,” right?) It turns out that the vast majority of Knotties are totally ok with their fellas sporting their own bling pre-nuptials. And even wackier, more and more dudes are also into it. Kind of adorable, right?

Would your groom sport his own engagement ring? (Or does he plan on wearing a band before the wedding?)

1 comment:

  1. michael bublé wears his engagement ring because it's custom in argentina, (i think), where his fiancee is from!

    ReplyDelete