Friday, September 24, 2010

Put it on paper

Hoo boy, has there been an influx of wedding goings-on lately!

For a while there I was sort of entering the infamous bridal slump; I was still excited, but the whole thing started to feel far away and…well, a little tedious. But I think it’s just because there was a planning lull. Now we’re back in the swing of things, baby! (I’m so sorry…)

Anyway…so I have this friend named Katelyn who is insanely stylish and artistic and loves weddings and design and pretty paper just about as much as I do (and also recently got engaged!). One day she was in an “I don’t know what I want to do with my life” funk when she decided instead of moping she would combine her loves and talents and start a wedding stationery business.

I love the idea of supporting young entrepreneurs, so I asked if she would be interested in designing something for us. Last night, she and I met up to see what she had. It has to be said that Katelyn was extremely nervous to show me her designs (I’m just so exacting, you know?). I think she said, “If you hate it, it’s totally okay” about eight times.

But she was being totally ridiculous, because she had three lovely options, one of which I loved especially. And go figure, it was also the one the FiancĂ© liked best (we’re such a good match, right?)! We’re asking her to make a few design changes, but other than that I am so thrilled with the result. Yay for talented friends!

I want to keep the actual design a surprise, but here are the two options we didn’t go with:


Pretty, right? She found paper in exactly the right color (my phone camera sort of messed it up, but trust me, it's gorgeous). I haven’t even been able to do that.

So anyway, SO excited. More big announcements to come next week, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment