Thursday, September 9, 2010

Heading for the Heartland

 So, it’s official! The fiancé and I are heading back to the Midwest in November!

I’m stoked. I haven’t been to Iowa for over a year, and I have some maaajor catching up to do with some of my friends.

Plus, you KNOW I couldn’t let a long weekend go by without planning for some totally awesome wedding stuff! My mom works part-time in the men’s department of a department store, so we’re going to see what we can do about getting the fiancé his wedding tux at a family discount. AND (and this is what I’m really excited about) my little sister is going to take our engagement pictures!

Joelle is a budding professional photographer, and her stuff is pretty genius, so she was an easy choice for our engagement pics (plus, you know, “family discount”).

Since the wedding is going to be in Long Island, I want our engagement pictures to be entirely un-New York. I love the look of these desert shoots (though for Iowa, we might have to swap in a prairie or a dried-out cornfield…I’m ok with that!):

Gorgeous, yes? Oooooh…November can’t come soon enough!

Photos: Leigh Miller Photographry (LeighMillerPhotography.com) & Beaux Arts Photographie (BeauxArtsPhotographie.com)

3 comments:

  1. not sure how I found your blog but I'm glad I did. Wedding planning is so fun and we TOTALLY got the family discount thanks to my brother in law, the photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK I love those pictures. I am probably getting two sets of engagement pictures done and I might use those for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!! I am from Iowa (living in New York right now) and that sounds like an amazing idea! Our engagement pictures are going to mostly be from New York and the wedding is in Iowa! <3 Erin

    ReplyDelete