Tuesday, October 19, 2010

For the Win

So, my future mother-in-law loves bridal shows. And not just loves, loves. Even though I’m the one that works in the industry, she seems to know every bridal show in the tri-state area, and she’s very good about passing along the information.

Remember the first bridal show we went to? That was her idea. And we’re going to another one tonight that she found, too. My schedule is sort of nutty, so I would never have time to find these things if not for her.

She also works for a breast cancer awareness group that holds a dinner/dance every year (it takes place at the venue we almost picked). This year, the Fiance and I went, and it’s a good thing we did.


We got to see our DJ perform live:

One of my bridesmaids and me getting down


We also entered a raffle to win dinner and a hotel night at this really awesome inn nearby, and we WON.

We were going to use it on our wedding night, but then we would have to sacrifice the dinner (not cool). So instead I think we’re going to save it for our 2-year dating anniversary in June.  (Or, you know, anytime post-wedding life gets too hectic and we want a night away.)

I don’t know about you guys, but I really like winning things…

2 comments:

  1. Whoo-hoo! Maybe you broke through the Blanchard's never win anything curse! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. justine, i think you are the luckiest girl ever in terms of chance. you win everything! haha

    ReplyDelete