Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Which is your favor-ite?

So now that I have all these favor boxes sitting on my desk, staring at me every day (pressuring me), I’ve started to put more thought into what I would want to do for our wedding favor. In general, I’m kind of “eh” about the whole idea of wedding favors. I don’t like knick-knacks, or anything that is going to end up useless clutter in my apartment, and I feel like most people share that opinion.

The only time I’m in favor of favors (heh) is when they are a) edible or b) useful at the wedding (like sparklers, rally towels, flip flops, pashminas, etc.). I also don’t want to devote a lot of my budget to favors. (Sorry, guests, I love you, but I’m taking you out for a night of dinner and dancing, so that’s where I’m focusing the funds.)

However, I do want to do something, if only because a pretty little favor box will dress up the table (plus, I have the boxes and all…). And so I figured, why not use my oh-so-lovely blog audience to  get a little feedback before I decide? Here’s what I’m thinking:

Option One: Coffee Beans

Photo courtesy of MyWeddingFavors.com

Of course, my bag would have a much cuter sticker (total disclosure: I would probably just steal this adorable bean phrase.)

Option Two: S’mores Kit


Ok, cute, but maybe a bit pricey to actually put together? Not sure. And I’m a little worried it’s too cute for its own good. I guess the guest could take it home and make a s’more…would anyone actually do that?

Option Three: Homemade peanut butter cups (one dark and one white chocolate in each box)


It’s our favorite kind of candy, and I could probably make 300 pretty cheap…but it would take a while.

Option Four: Mixed CD


It’s pretty, but music is such a personal thing. And I couldn’t really use the boxes for this, I just think it’s a cute idea.

So, what do you think? Place your votes (and reasoning) in the comments section!

5 comments:

  1. Peanut butter cups, because I don't like coffee. Plus it is something that can be consumed AT the wedding, as opposed to the other options that must be enjoyed elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coffee or smores! I'm allergic to peanuts, and we already swap a ton of music... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could always do a mix of favors and give people an option. Like you could do half as coffee favors and half as peanut butter cup favors. That way you won't have to spend as much time and energy making the candy. Plus, people get to pick what they really want. That's what I'd call a win win of delicious proportions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the coffe idea especially if your having guests form out of town. They can start the next morning off with your special blend instead of the hotels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We did CDs and everyone loved them! ~Summer

    ReplyDelete