Monday, July 19, 2010

Meet The Parents

Hello, fellow brides!

Ok, so here’s a quick update while I have a free second at work. My parents are coming into town on Thursday to spend the weekend. Here’s what this means:
1. We will be picking our wedding venue and getting our official wedding date! (Yay!)
2. The fiancé’s parents are throwing a little engagement party so my parents can meet a bunch of people out here. (Yay!)
3. My parents will meet my fiancé’s parents for the first. Time. Ever. (Eep!)

I’m not actually that concerned about this. They’re all perfectly nice, relatively-easy-to-get-along-with people. It’s just weird because I don’t think they have that much in common besides the fact that their children want to spend the rest of their lives together. So, you know, there’s that.

I figure they will just spend the weekend talking about us. (Good thing his parents like me and mine are ready to adopt him, huh?)





Anyone have any wacky “meet the parents”-type stories to make me feel less anxious about the whole thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment