Friday, June 25, 2010

We're A Lot Like You

There seems to be this misconception running around that Knot editors get their weddings for free.

As much as I would love that, I'm afraid I'm about to burst a few bubbles here: While we might be able to snag a few random freebies (today I grabbed a fancy vegetable peeler off the free table – score!), I am by no means being handed a reception hall. (Of course, I'm always open to the offer! Eh? Ehhh?)

But even though I still have to pay for my venues, flowers, attire, stationery, favors, entertainment, transportation, (*gasps for breath*), bridal party gifts, accessories, formalwear, and everything else you need for one of these shindigs, I'm still incredibly excited. Because the biggest perk of working at TheKnot.com is that we are literally surrounded by the best and most creative wedding ideas out there. All. Day. Long.

Which means my head is swimming with ideas – from budget-savvy tips to gorgeous décor inspiration – all of which I plan to share with you as I navigate the (at times) crazy world of planning my own.

Here's what you need to know:

I currently live in Long Island, NY, but I spent most of my formative years in Des Moines, IA. (Woo, Midwest!) The Fiancé and I are planning a wedding for April or May of 2011 (Side note: You can watch our proposal video below!). We're on a pretty tight budget considering our area, but I like to look at it as an opportunity to stretch those Knot-trained economizing muscles I've garnered.

What I'm saying is, I may work for the top wedding website, but I'll deal with a lot of the same issues and concerns as any other bride. Check back often for my tips, ideas, inspiration, and updates on my own wedding planning, and feel free to leave your own advice, grievances, and thoughts in the comments section! I'd love to hear from you.

Oh! I just thought of another thing I got for free from work: the book "1,001 Ways to Save Money…and Still Have a Dazzling Wedding." Let's get started!

Justine & Joey Get Engaged from Justine Blanchard on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment