Monday, June 28, 2010

"So we just 'bloop' each thing?"

So Joe and I registered yesterday. Registering sort of reminds me of choosing a major in college. You're effectively deciding how you want to live for the rest of your life. In a couple of hours. Picking neutral colors is like being “undecided” or majoring in business.

We opted to register at Target, Crate & Barrel, and Bed Bath & Beyond since we have wedding guests in all corners of the country (literally: Seattle, California, Florida, and New York…with a host of states in between). We did most of our Target registering in-store, did a quick pass through BB&B before they closed, and then did all our updates and C&B registering online.

There are a few major difference between registering in-store and online. For example:

In-Store Wedding Registering
Pros: You can see/touch the product and get a feel for how they operate/how big they are, you can see the actual color of your towels/bed sheets/mixer, you get to use the scan gun and “bloop” things (in the immortal words of my fiancé).
Cons: I find big stores full of stuff a little overwhelming to shop in.

Online Wedding Registering
Pros: Everything is laid out neatly, making comparison shopping simple; you can see ALL of the options available at the retailer, instead of just what's in stock; editing and deleting items of your list is much easier and instantaneous.
Cons: It lacks the pros of in-store shopping.

This probably won't come as a surprise to people who know me, but I prefer online registering. The simplicity really wins me over – though I'm glad we experienced the scan gun. How else would I have gotten this:



Yup, I'm going to marry him :)

What about you? Where did you register and why? Did you go in-store, or stick to the world wide web?

No comments:

Post a Comment