Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Occupational Hazards

Did you guys take this quiz The Knot tweeted last week? (Find it here!)

It's all about planning your wedding at work (come on, we've all done it!) and how your work life meshes with your engaged life.

I have to admit, I don't think I'm the quiz's standard sample. For example, at one point the quiz asks, "Is your boss aware that you are engaged?"

Um…my boss made me the subject of the Wedding Obsessions blog and started the first day of work after my engagement with a "meeting" about my wedding plans. (Yeah, it's pretty sweet to work here.)

In general, I think it's ok to do a little planning in between your real work – provided it doesn't interfere with your job. We even have tips for doing it right on TheKnot.com!

I think the flexibility of mixing planning with business is one of the biggest differences between a Knot editor bride and a regular Knot bride. After all, if the average bride gets caught clicking through photographer blogs at the office, she might get a reprimand. Me? It's called "research."

Hey, I might not get a free wedding, but that doesn't mean there aren't any perks to this job.

So what about you? Have you ever been caught Knotting at work?



Photo courtesy of madprime

No comments:

Post a Comment